Oftentimes, to avoid bias, identity or certain information about the submitter should not be revealed to reviewers. You can enable/disable the following criteria on Call or Review Phase basis:
- Blind Review: reviewers cannot see the author of a submission. Submission authors cannot see their assigned reviewers. Reviewers can see other reviews.
- Shared Reviews: Reviewers can/ cannot see each other's reviews. The submitter can view the reviewer's review on their submission as long as the review phase is active.
1. From the desired call, click the Settings tab from the top bar
2. Click Edit
3. Scroll down to Review Settings, and click the checkbox to enable the option that applies
4. Click Save
Review Phase Configuration
1. From the desired call, click the Template tab from the top bar
2. Click Edit next to the review phase to update
3. Locate the Review Settings section, and click the checkbox for Override call configuration for this phase to apply a specific configuration to the selected phase.
4. Select the desired criteria
5. Click Save
Assigning Fields for Blind Review
Within the submission form, each field can be designated visibility properties, these include the fields that should be hidden for blind review.
To assign a field, blind review/hidden from reviewer properties, you can follow these steps:
- From the desired call, under submission phase, select the submission phase in question.
- Under the Submission Form, click “Edit” or “View Live Form” (and then edit at the bottom).
- Click the “Hide in blind review” checkbox under the field.
- Save the configuration settings.
Hide from reviewer has a similar effect to hide from blind review, and the fields will also be hidden permanently from reviewer, without the requirement of the toggle.
Article is closed for comments.